12:05 PM | Author: Ryan Schaefer

In life there are certain first impressions that are distinctively preserved in our mind’s precious collection of memories. Your first day of school, first love interest, first true friendship . . . We encounter these experiences with heightened senses in order to capture the moment genuinely and seize its entirety.

There will be particular hellos and goodbyes that I will not forget; their impressions will remain vivid throughout my life. Phoenix will be both a “hello” and a “goodbye” that I will not soon forget.

My collegiate education was accompanied with many life lessons:

  • You cannot, I repeat cannot, change someone. Instead, be accepting of your friends. Love them for the good and evil they posses. Take into consideration that humans are profound beings- complete with an entire life history, which is apart of them.
  • Popularity is a temporary vanity that many pursue. Being “cool” does not begin with gaining the acceptance of others; it is contrary to that- it begins with the acceptance of oneself.
  • Guard safe your heart for as long as time will allow. But, when it breaks pay particular attention to the pieces. Familiarize yourself with them – learn how they fit together and get to know the void that is meant for the right person.
  • Be a sponge. If you want to be the best, seek the best mentors. People are equipped with diverse talents and gifts- Absorb.

I can only hope that I used my time here as wisely as possible. I have met a handful of people who I will miss dearly and whose lives I will miss being apart of.

As author of my life story, I will put a close to this chapter on a good note and begin anew. Farewell Phoenix!

Category: |
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: