2:54 PM | Author: Ryan Schaefer

This week I thought it would be appropriate to properly introduce myself to my bloggers, but of course I yearned to do so in a creative, and slightly unorthodox manner.I found it comical that throughout the week I was philosophically interrogating myself with questions like, " Who am I?" When I was finally content with defining who I am, the reigning inquiry switched from a "Who am I?" into a " Where am I?"

Yes, I am choosing to define myself through a location, and I can be found at the intersection of Rio Salado and Mcklintock at Tempe Marketplace. As a freshman, my very first night at ASU was spent at Tempe Marketplace, and I was equally astonished as I was marveled at this magical place that seemed to project my personality in an edifice form. You name it, and Tempe Marketplace has it, from clothes and food to pet supplies and sports gear. I will, for now, just focus on only 2 aspects of Tempe Marketplace that I feel describe me best.

  • One of my favorite things to do is sit down, relax, and watch a movie. It doesn't matter really what it is - I'll see practically anything. I have watched everything from Brokeback Mountain to Horton Hears a Who - haha and I am not ashamed of either choice. I guess I just love a story and I cannot seem to feed my imagination enough to satisfy my creative cravings. I subscribe to the largest NetFlix package, I Redbox it when I run out of NetFlix movies, and almost every Thrusday at midnight I am at a movie premiere.

I set out on a life mission many years ago, that no matter where I live- I should know the best restaurants in order to sustain the best dining experience possible. In the near future I will share with you my most treasured restaurants that I have found here in Phoenix. Most people who know me consider me a food critic, just from my particularity, but I really just strive to experience the best of anything in life. Anyways, Tempe Marketplace offers a wide variety of restaurants to choose from, both fast and dine-in types.

Whoever thought of Tempe Marketplace... Congratulations on being an absolute genius. Thank you for creating a one stop destination for all my needs.

Ryan

Category: |
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On February 3, 2009 at 10:17 AM , Unknown said...

I really enjoyed reading this blog. I thought it is very creative and well written. I liked how you defined yourself through a location/intersection. I have never heard anyone describe themself like that before. I love to read anything that is creatively written and includes personal experiences, so in my opinion this was one of the best blogs I have read so far during this semester.