3:13 PM | Author: Ryan Schaefer
I left my apartment at around 9 AM, reminding myself to bring a bag. I know the route. It’s easy- down rural and then a right followed by a quick left down a dusty alley. I arrive and I can smell it. The smell alone makes me nervous and I begin to sweat. I think to myself “ How much do I buy again?” “ I hope I remembered the cash on the counter”

I decide on an ounce and I wait at the counter and gently slide the cash on the table to complete the transaction.

I close my eyes, put it to my lips, and take my first wheat grass shot. This week’s blog is about my weeklong journey of “Life, on grass”.

The title might throw you for a loop, thinking this blog would be about marijuana. Well hopefully it doesn’t disappoint you that it’s actually about wheat grass. Have you ever felt like you just need a good detox, or maybe just something healthy? I presume that I am guilty of this. Rumors of wheat grass’s miraculous health benefits provoked my actions this week. I wanted to find out for myself.

After some careful research I constructed a daily routine, to which I would strictly adhere. It went something like this:

1 shot Acai blueberry juice

1 Activa Yogurt

Pineapple

1 One Fiber Bar

8-16 oz. of Green Tea

6-8 glasses of lemon water

1 ounce of fresh wheat grass juice

as for meals- I ate small portions ( the size of my fist) every two hours

All of these things have a specific purpose and all are very important when naturally detoxing.

Why Detox?


Some feel that wheatgrass is a bunch a bolgna, but it is highly recommended by many physicians. Here are 35 health benefits of Wheat grass.

I am an advocate, but I think you just have to try it for yourself.

Category: |
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On February 24, 2009 at 10:26 PM , Apryl Rayne said...

I love wheat grass, actually.

 
On March 4, 2009 at 4:03 PM , Unknown said...

Thanks for this post--I've heard some really whacked out detox recipes, and the one I tried turned me off, I thought forever. You may have heard of it: maple syrup, cayenne pepper, and lemon juice. And 16 oz of water all day. It was horrible. It was anorexia.

Your recipe seems a lot more normal.